Thursday, January 30, 2014

Top of the World.

January is almost at an end and I've managed to sew up a couple of things in my first month of 2014. As I mentioned in my 110 creations post my first big (well big for me) project is the Sorbetto top.  Also, I want to make a wearable muslin of everything I make this year (really, I kinda consider everything I'm going to make this year a wearable muslin).  Since I'm completely starting from scratch, and I have so much to learn, I want to get in as much practice as possible.  So, below I present you my tops.  The one on the right is the muslin and the flowery one on the left is my finished version.  I sewed up the size 14 without any adjustments.  I don't actually know how to make adjustments yet!


The only adjustment I made was finish the sides of the finished version open because I wanted to make the top about three inches longer than the pattern (the muslin was already about two inches longer than the pattern) and I only had enough of the cute flower print fabric for the front and even then it wasn't enough fabric for the full sides .  So, slits on the side!  Boom!

The fabric was an estate sale find.  Both front and back fabrics are actually.  The back is a silk that I threw in the washer and dryer (oops!).  It actually looks pretty great.  The front is some old quilting cotton.  So that's it for now!  I don't want this post dragging too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment