Friday, January 3, 2014

Projects and Gifts


I had these grandiose plans to sew up presents for everyone this holiday.  Problem is... I barely know how to sew, I am super slow, and I only know (kinda) how to make one thing.  So I scaled back my dreams a bit... and then a whole lot more.

I figured that I could make a few tote bags by Christmas (to be honest, my mom's and sister's arrived after Christmas) for friends and family.  But I wasn't going to be able to get to everyone.  No stress though.  Maybe I can get a head start for next Christmas or maybe I'll just have random hand made gifts for friends this new year. Either way, I thought I would post pictures of these first four (I've had other itty bitty projects but forgot to take pictures - sorry!).

So, I'm a fan of blue and of chevrons... and birds.

I hope y'all like them.

My First Tote Bag (on my own).
Bag the Second (you try NOT saying Number 2).
Bag for my sister. I Love how great the picture she took of it came out!
   
Bag for My Mom!

So that's it!  I loved making these and I hope that I make a bunch more for all the people in my life.  And, yes, I totally used this awesome and FREE class to get better at making the basic tote bag.  Full disclosure, I messed something up every time and really should have watched the video more and better.  Also, I haven't even made it to the zipper pouch portion of the class yet.  Soon... is what I promised myself.

And, sorry if any of this seems like you've seen it all before. I have been lurking many blogs these last couple of months and the project was totally inspired by Miss Crayola Creepy's post from 2012.  It's where I first heard of the free class and all this excellent stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that Craftsy class great? I love the fabrics you chose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! I love the Craftsy classes. They are so easy to follow. I can't wait to take some of the more fancy classes (someday). Thanks for the compliment! I have gone a little crazy buying fabric. I'm on a ban for a while. I have found great stuff at estate sales and thrift store but I also bought a little too much clearance stuff at Jo Ann's when I first got bit by the sewing bug

      Delete