Monday, December 30, 2013

My First Crafty Projects... Pre Sewing.

I'm not naturally crafty. Honestly, during my adult life I've avoided most creative projects.  Mostly due to an overwhelming fear of failing horribly.  But this is the new me, who's afraid of nothing!  This year I was tempted to try a few Etsy inspired projects.  They were fun even though they didn't turn out perfectly.  Perfection is overrated anyway.

So... I would like to share most of them with you.


I saw on Etsy these letterpress trays converted into jewelry holders so I gave it a shot.


















Fun with Fabric part 1 and 2.


I totally used this fabric with the print going in the wrong direction.  Oh well, I still made some cute upcycled covered pushpin boards.  I found the boards at an estate sale for a dollar.










Fabric covered earrings, yay!!






















And Finally...  I kinda lied.  I'm also going to post my first ever sewn item.  It's my first tote bag from the sewing class I took at 8 Limbs.

Put a bird on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment